Posts tagged lust
Posts tagged lust
O God, when others were ready to condemn Mary Magdalene,
Jesus accepted her with all her imperfections.
She in turn accepted Your Son as her Saviour.
It was to St. Mary Magdalene, before all others,
that Jesus committed the message of Easter joy.
Through her intercession, may we proclaim Christ
as our living Lord and one day contemplate Him reigning in glory.
Saint Mary Magdalene,
woman of many sins, who by conversion became the beloved of Jesus, thank you for your witness that Jesus forgives through the miracle of love.
You, who already possess eternal happiness in His glorious presence,
please intercede for me, so that some day I may share in the same everlasting joy.
Saint Mary Magdalene is my hero because she let go of her pride and accepted Christ’s forgiveness. Her relationship with Christ and her faith is testimony that none of us can ever fall so far away from grace that we are unforgivable. Mary, a former prostitute/adulteress, never left Jesus during His passion or at the foot of the cross. She was the first to see Him in glory after the resurrection. She represents hope and faith for all who have fallen and struggle with chastity.
Guys are not worth losing friendships.
They aren’t meant to be fought over.
If you aren’t in a relationship, you aren’t a loser.
Everyone is NOT “doing it”, so it’s ok if you’re not sexually active.
Having a boyfriend does not/should not do anything for your social status, self worth or self-esteem.
They are SOULS.
They aren’t “arm candy”.
They aren’t Santa, and they shouldn’t have to buy everything your little heart desires.
Contrary to popular belief, boyfriends are not your “hubbie”. They aren’t bound to you “till death do us part” so stop expecting husband-like conduct out of them.
The fact that you have a guy who cares about you does not qualify bragging rights, or something to be shoved in the faces of girls who are single/lonely with low self-esteem.
IMPORTANT NOTE: GUYS ARE NOT TROPHIES.
They aren’t something to toy with, or flirt with.
It’s not a game.
Don’t lead a guy on if you have no interest in him.
Odds are that someone out there truly DOES care about him, and you aren’t doing him any good. So let him go, please.
Don’t try to show everything God gave you in order to get attention.
And PLEASE do not flirt with other girls’ boyfriends - IT’S NOT COOL.
If you like a guy who’s in a relationship, you NEED to respect that.
If you were his girlfriend you wouldn’t appreciate some temptress trying to lore him away from you….would you?
Most likely not.
If the object of your affections decides he’s interested in another girl, don’t just randomly jump all over him and try to pull him away from her.
That’s not cool.
PLEASE don’t write crap all over his facebook wall trying to grab his attention, don’t tweet him a thousands times, and PLEASE don’t text him to the point where you have to be blocked.
We are ladies, we need to start acting like it.
All of these behaviors are common.
They have got to STOP.
We need to stop being “a dime a dozen”.
We are sisters and brothers in Christ and when we act like this, we are no better off than animals. We aren’t treasuring someone’s soul and we aren’t treating them with respect.
So please if any of these things rings a bell for you, please try and stop it.
If you are in a relationship, that’s awesome! You have been given a wonderful opportunity to cherish a soul, and love as Christ does.
If you’re single, God’s still got something up his sleeve.
In the meantime stay prayerful and patient, wherever you find yourself in life.
Saint Cecelia, pray for us.
1. a woman’s purity is an ornately decorated box containing a most precious jewel…not a thin candy shell surrounding mass produced, highly sugared, nothing special piece o’ chocolate.
2. in modesty your eyes follow your heart, not your body being dragged by your lust.
3. heavy petting? that’s for dogs, not your date.
4. Modesty means never having to sing, “Oops, I did it again, I led your to sin…la, la, la, la…”
5. 1 Corinthians 6:18 says “Flee from fornication!” ummmmm ‘nuff said.
6. Blessed are the pure of heart, for they shall see God (and not pornography).
7. Love means never having to say, “Sure, you treat me like a baby treats a diaper, but hey, it’s better than being alone!”
8. a single/unmarried woman needs lust in her life like a fish needs a bicycle.
9. Chastity means knowing who you are, not ignoring what you have.
10. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you; last time I checked you didn’t want to be used and abused.
11. Love means never having to say, “I’m sorry but I didn’t realize sitting in a pitch black common room with no one around but you, me, and a Nicolas Sparks movie would lead to anything other than mutual respect and witty conversation.”
12. A chaste life is worth living, a lust-filled life is worth forgetting.