Posts tagged poetry
Posts tagged poetry
Forbidden Love by Michael Faudet
Follow him here
I fell in love with the way the moon reflected off my skin
and cascaded down my bedsheets.
He shot through my window with his mysterious glow.
Illuminated with his nightly hue.
"Come to me."
He would sing ever so softly.
And I, restless, would have to follow after him.
Sleepless nights, turned into sleepless weeks, as our love grew deeper.
My devotion to him I expressed through song and dance.
Basking in his pure delight.
I swayed in his shadow, humming a tune stuck in my head.
The world however, was fast asleep.
And night was mine for the taking.
It was just he and I.
Alone, but couldn’t be happier.
I fell hard and fast for the gracefulness in his touch.
The magic feeling his presence would awaken within me.
The moon is my lover, my friend and companion.
He knows my darkest secrets and my heart’s deepest desires.
From him there is nothing I can hide.
At night I am embraced in his shadow.
I fall asleep as he slowly fades away.
When night is captured by morning.
All the day long I crave his soft touch, as the heat from the sun
beats on my fair back.
The calm of the night brings about such delight.
At times it leaves me speechless.
I am entranced by his beauty.
The moon fills every space with his gentle glow.
I hide in his arms, as he wipes away my worries.
Only if for one night.
This is when I truly come alive.
He sees my true colors.
He highlights the lines of my body.
With him I’m safe from the world.
I am a lover of the moon.
A lover of the night.
I want to fall in love
in my own time
on my own terms
I want to know that he feels the same way
I want to hold his hand
run my fingers through his hair
feel his strong arms around me
suddenly I’ll feel all warm and secure
I’ll fall asleep with a smile on my face
I want to breathe in his scent left on my shirt
I want to feel his breath pressing against my lips
we’ll dance late late at night when everyone else is asleep
we’ll be loud and we won’t care
every day will be adventure
and we’ll always talk about a future
the days will get cold, but we’ll still be warm
every morning I’ll wake just to see his face
we’ll be the envy of those around us
and nothing will matter but the love that we share
every love song will be about us
and everything will be deep & insanely rich
you’ll say that I smell sweet
and I’ll kiss your cheek
I’ll be your biggest fan
we’ll smile for cameras
and capture each memory we make
I’ll take your breath away
and leave you wondering how you ever got so lucky
So many bodies and endless voices.
The possibilites are beyond my calculation.
Many are strangers or quiet aqaintences.
I wish this journey would end.
I still smell his cologne clinging to my shirt.
The fragrance is sweet and warm.
The comforting tones of a gentleman’s voice dance wildly around a restless heart.
There’s too much noise to hear Your voice.
Besides, I’m afraid of silence.
If you want to discover an endless lover, look no farther.
I’m dreamer in need of a savior, a damsel desiring a prince.
My lips are lonely and I wish that only your wish would be my heart.
So I sit here waiting and contemplating the odds of this game we call “love”.
When we truly depart, will there be enough to finish what I’d like to start?
I’m beginning to feel that heaven is real and heartache is a role I’ve landed.
I’ve memorized the script, every last bit and the character I’ve taken on.
But this is more than a play, too complex to be a game.
It’s become the life that I’ve made for myself.
Desire what I can never have, still God has that “plan”.
I just wish things would go my way.
a little ditty of mine :)
personal edit :)
1. My name is Mary Elizabeth Michael V.
2. I love guy names.
3. I wish I was named Michael, John, Peter, Kepha, Max, Konstantine or Corrie. It would be cooler. Idk just something original.
4. I don’t like red meat at all. I eat my burgers (IF i have to)…burned.
5. I like most music before you hear it. [nothing conceited or anything]
6. My last name is french.
7. skinny jeans are so fine! I LOVE them. I’ve slept in skinny jeans before.
8. I love super skinnies personally. [jeggings were a blessing to womankind]
9. I plan on studying apologetics deeply one day.
10. I LOVE learning and sharing my Faith.
11. I love Jesus Christ with all my heart.
12. I’ve played piano for 9 years.
13. I’ve written thousands of poems since I was 11 years old. I’m a poet who writes overally exaggerated epic poetry.
14. I can type 100 words per minute.
15. I believe in vegetarianism.
16. I once epically failed at being a vegetarian.
17. In my next life I want to be Queen Latifah, or at least Beyonce. I might be albino, but inside I KNOW I was born a black woman.
18. I wish I was tan, but I love it when people call me ‘snow white’. it makes me happy. [kinda] nowadays I just use it as a joke.
19. My friend Hayden gave me an iPod when we couldn’t afford one. [thanks for that :]]
20. I spend most of my 24 hours with music in my ears.
21. one day I’m going to buy a pair of toe shoes even though I’m not a ballerina, just because I want to.
22. I mostly write in cursive, but my handwriting is very inconsistent in style.
23. I had a twitter before I had a facebook…I started it in like January 2008 [how cool am I?].
24. school is my least favorite subject.
25. I ADORE top hats.
26. I wish I lived in 1905 very much so.
27. I want to be a national speaker and talk at youth conferences.
28. I want to have a big clan of my own one day.
29. I’m normally singing a tune.
30. I want to work with disabled people.
31. I’ve been romantically involved with each of the 4 Gospels: a Mark, Luke, John, & Matthew (my amazing boyfriend).
32. I believe in Peter Pan.
33. I pray about EVERYTHING. I have a very unconventional faith.
34. I don’t like wearing shoes in places that require them.
35. my perfect day begins when my little sister Maggie wakes me up in the morning witha kiss.
36. I dont lie. I am brutally honest.
37. My favorite color is black. It’s beautiful, edgy, and mysterious. On top of that it goes with everything.
38. I LOVE my job at Cracker Barrel.
39. define hopeless romantic, I qualify.
40. If it’s weird and wearable…it’s on my body right now.
41. I like when people stare at me as if to say “WHAT IN THE WORLD IS HER PROBLEM? PEOPLE SIMPLY AREN’T LIKE THAT.” No they aren’t, that’s why I am.
42. Someone once called me a ‘hipster’ and I liked it.
43. My nick name is “Barbie” or “Barbie Girl “and I love it. :) lol
44. I prefer to be called “mary” not “mary Beth”, but it truly does depend on the day, my mood & who’s saying it.
45. I believe in actions more than words.
46. I’m ADD which is why I can create 30 things at once & why I say random awkward things in the middle of conversations that make no sense.
47. My mind is in constant motion, my body prefers not to be.
48. I gain a freckle daily. Eventually I’m going to be tan, but until then in the meantime God is teaching me the virtue of patience.
49. I can stay up all night writing a heartwrenching tale of passion & romance of my own design. And I have. More than once.
50. I once erected a fantastical story I was quite proud of & was told it needed to be a film on the Hallmark Channel. Some people can’t appriciate art even when it’s in their face.
51. Modeling agencies wanted me, I turned them away.
52. The glass is CLEARLY half empty & I’m missing out on the free refills, thank you.
53. I’m loud & proud. I dont stop talking ever.
54. I hate silence. It’s scary.
55. I am so excited to start my studies at Franciscan University of Steubenville this fall!
56. I got a bad haircut, well yeah for no reason, and I regret it.
57. Cheese is my favorite food/fruit/vegetable/drink/substance.
58. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family.
59. I did 59 because its special.
yeah that sounds beautiful but it’s just words.
it stops there.
we don’t live by this.
this poetry isn’t put into action.
it’s left at a nice idea.
UNFORTUNATLEY THERE IS NOT “LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL” and we certainly are NOT “under God”.
for instance, if you aren’t born yet, America gives the right to doctors to end your life inside your mother’s womb.
We conceal our Christian faith in public, because it is “offensive”.
Liberty and justice for ALL?! No. Try liberty and justice for SOME.
whenever I have to say the pledge, that’s how I end it.
Because I believe in always telling the truth.
and THAT^ right there is a lie.
I’m not proud of what we stand for unless we start standing under God once again.
I’m a Christian, not American.
I stand for Christ.
Not for a government that pronounces hypocritical lies.
Give this world back to God.
P4CM Presents: Ready or Not
by Featured RHETORIC Poets
Ezekiel & Janette..ikz
You don’t just have sex with a body, you have it with a soul.
this is hands down one of THE best videos I have EVER seen.